Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cleaning up my studio and getting the paints out!

I've been so busy, I haven't had time to post anything here! The annual Chester County Studio Tour was a huge success, and my studio was packed with patrons and artists all weekend. It was exhausting, and I'm just now getting rested up enough to get back to painting.
 Grumbacher recently sent me these luscious new oil colors to test and review. I was too busy preparing for the studio tour last week so I haven't had time to paint with them, yet. Today I've got to catch up on critiquing the homework of my art students, but then I'll be playing with these new paints for the rest of the week! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Just in time to play with my new oil paints, Dynasty Brush sent me all these great brushes, too! I'm pretty sure I'm going to LOVE those 2" flat handled brushes for watercolors. Those will be absolutely perfect for my larger paintings and triptychs. The Palmer line of brushes have a short, broad handle, which I love for painting en plein air. I think I might be the only artist who prefers short handled brushes! I love them because they take up less room in my pochade, so they are easier to pack and carry around. These are 1" and 2", which would normally take up quite a bit of valuable space if they had the traditional long handles.
With all these new art supplies, you can expect some new paintings posted here real soon!
toodles for now...

posted by Annie Strack @ 1:38 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.